Saturday, August 22, 2009

I have to shower & rush off to run a couple of errands before meeting my JC classmates later, but I thought I'd stop to make a quick post.

So it turned out that my parents don't want to let me drive their cars, unless they're in the vehicle with me. I don't know how long they're going to put me on their so-called 'probation', but in the meantime, I've been going out with my Mum, to the supermarket & all, mostly so that I can take the wheel. :) That's how I spent my afternoon today: going to the supermarket and learning to make home-cooked dishes. Cooking really isn't as easy as it seems.

It's been pretty fun so far, and now my parents are talking about buying me a car! It was my Mum's idea. She thought that it'd be best if they just bought me a cheap car to drive around so that I'd leave their fancy cars alone. Lol. Mum's thinking along the lines of second-hand cars, but Dad thinks that we should probably get a new car. I'm not sure whether it'll work out or not, and knowing my parents, it may not happen in the end. Still, it can't hurt to dream right?

I've been moving up to 3rd gear & beyond, with respect to the way my life is being run these days. I think I've allowed myself to procrastinate for far too long. Somehow, acquiring a driving license motivates you to push on. I'm just hoping that things will continue in this vein, and that I don't stall...

Alright, better get going on that shower, or I'm going to be really late for the class outing.

No comments: