Monday, April 5, 2010

Wow it's been a pretty exciting Easter break so far. Moved house last saturday, so I'm officially in a smoke-free home now. :) Not too fond of having to do my own dishes, but I guess that's life, isn't it? For the most part, it's been an improvement from the previous place.


So earlier in the week, I went to visit Natalie's extended family, before going off for a brief tour of London with Laura. Only got back from London last night. I wa
nt to do a more detailed post on this, and hopefully, I actually get down to writing a post about it. I will say one thing now though - I had a heck of a good time.

Today, I went out to watch Clash of the Titans with Jeff. It was rather entertaining, although it was supposed to be a 3D remake of the 1981 original film, but I felt that the 3D effects were seriously lacking. It reminded me of Percy Jackson, which in turn reminded me of Harry Potter. I wouldn't recommend any of my friends to watch it, unless they're really bored and have nothing better to do with their time.

WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD!

Percy Jackson & Clash of the Titans have many similarities, mostly because they involve Greek mythology. Take the name of Percy Jackson, the title lead of the former movie, as opposed to that of Perseus, the respective lead in Clash of the Titans. Also, another stark similarity lies in the fact that both heroes are required to slay Medusa so as to use her fatal gaze to slaughter another beast.


In both movies, the lead also uses reflective surfaces to defeat their respective Medusas. Doesn't that remind you of how the victims in Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets became petrified by the Basilisk?


It's funny how movies are really all the same these days.

In other news, I've not been particularly tied up with anything, and have been living my life like a slob and complete bum. In addition, I'm also completely satisfied with the way I'm living my life now and have no inclination whatsoever to make much use of my youth. I have yet to determine if this is a good thing or not.

No comments: