I don't really know who I am.
I came to realise that over my last 3 weeks in SISPEC.
Between the major mood swings & sudden personality shifts, I really can't accurately describe myself because it'd only be true sometimes. The only adjective I could use to represent me would be CONFUSED.
I need to start taking control of my emotions.
Anyway, I want to say that I really abhor NAVIGATION. I never had a problem finding my way around with any decent street directory. But when they throw me in a rainforest with a crappy map that's vague & probably inaccurate, and nothing more than a compass as a proper guide, I inevitably get myself lost.
I don't get it; I spend time plotting the checkpoints, and I check my direction once every 5 metres, but even when we were looking for a track that's 250 metres away, we somehow ended up at a reservoir which was close to a kilometre off. -.-
I came to realise that over my last 3 weeks in SISPEC.
Between the major mood swings & sudden personality shifts, I really can't accurately describe myself because it'd only be true sometimes. The only adjective I could use to represent me would be CONFUSED.
I need to start taking control of my emotions.
Anyway, I want to say that I really abhor NAVIGATION. I never had a problem finding my way around with any decent street directory. But when they throw me in a rainforest with a crappy map that's vague & probably inaccurate, and nothing more than a compass as a proper guide, I inevitably get myself lost.
I don't get it; I spend time plotting the checkpoints, and I check my direction once every 5 metres, but even when we were looking for a track that's 250 metres away, we somehow ended up at a reservoir which was close to a kilometre off. -.-
What's more, the forest is filled with these disgustingly thorny vines that threaten to tear your skin off your flesh if you should foolishly attempt to bash your way through them.
Field camp on tuesday, wednesday & thursday. Navigation exercise (AGAIN...) on friday.
At least there's only 5 weeks till I become a corporal. Then I'll get my vocation.
NOT infantry, please.
No comments:
Post a Comment