Saturday, February 7, 2009

My 3-day trip to Genting was, at the very least, educational.




No, not in the academic sense (obviously). I'm talking about lessons you can't learn in the classroom.

  • I need to increase my emotional & mental strength, i.e. work on my EQ. I've got to stop with the emo-ing and the drama.
  • You can't always have your way. Sometimes you just need to accept the facts and move on. Some things just can't & shouldn't be forced.
  • Don't try and change your friends to suit you. It's not fair to them.
  • NEVER EVER DITCH YOUR FRIENDS. Don't let them do stuff alone, unless they really want to. It sucks to feel abandoned by your friends.
  • Trying to stay happy when things aren't going well may not always work. But just keep going at it. It's all you've got anyway. Don't let negative thoughts & emotions consume you.

  • The last 3 days weren't exactly enjoyable for me, but I'm glad I went anyway. :)



    I went to Hell & back, and experienced all sorts of negative emotions & thoughts. I actually told someone that I hated him, which really wasn't true. I was just angry & hurt...



    I guess it takes time to heal certain wounds, and no amount of 'magic words' I use can instantly heal these wounds.



    It doesn't mean that I'll simply let go & forget that I have them as friends.



    I'm just going to let things be. I'm going to give them their space, and hopefully eventually, after they've cooled down, they'll let me into their lives once again.



    And if it doesn't ever work out again, then I guess it just couldn't be saved. :S Hopefully, that won't happen.



    In the meantime, I need to move on with my life.





    On Wednesday, Heath told me that I was a family person deep down. He said that I've never really known what family was all about, and that if I knew, I would want to be part of a family.


    I told him that he was mistaken. I was never brought up to understand the meaning of family. There's no way I could be a family person.



    I was wrong.



    Today, when the coach dropped us off at Kovan, Person A enthusiastically greeted this middle-aged man (whom I presume was his father), and they started conversing like good friends. I've never really seen anything like that before, since personally I can barely get along with my own father, but I inevitably found myself wishing that I had that kind of relationship with my Dad. Looking at the 2 of them made me feel so very envious.


    It doesn't stop there. I turned to Person B and asked him where he was headed. He promptly said that his parents were waiting for him in the area. -.-



    I had to take a cab home by myself. :( 

    No comments: