Saturday, June 13, 2009

"Petrol pump attendants here have a bad habit: When you ask for a full tank, the don't just give you that, they pump in more. When the tank is full, the nozzle switches off automatically. Instead of stopping there, some pump in more manually. This could be dangerous as it may cause spillage while driving."

from The Straits Times forum, 12 June 2009


-.-


When I read this, I was seriously like, "what?"


Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is simply such a petty thing to write to the forum about. I am clueless as to why the editors even published this.



Isn't the fuel cap air-tight or something? How would oil spill out? Besides, assuming that the fuel could actually miraculously leak out, how much freaking fuel are we talking about anyway? I don't think that the pump attendant could possibly overload your fuel tank with litres of additional fuel. I'd hardly consider that much of a hazard to be overly concerned about.



The writer is probably some guy who thinks that pump attendants are out to swindle their hard-earned cash by turning up the volume of fuel sold.

No comments: