Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My birthday's tomorrow.

I'm not much of a birthday person, really. Never had a birthday party EVER. My parents never really made much of a fuss about birthdays, although they (usually) did remember mine. Even if they did forget, they'd remember it eventually, like after a week or so.

Anyway, I've decided that this year, I want to be able to be happy on my birthday. I don't want to have to worry about the little things, or do CDS (which my CSM actually did put me down for -.-). Sure, I'll be in camp, taking part in Unit Anniversary no less, but I want to be happy through all of that. I don't know if I can find that kind of strength in me, but I'm definitely going to try.

And if I do succeed, I just know that it'll carry on. It'll overflow into the days & weeks that are to come.

I think that's the best birthday gift I could ever give myself.

No comments: