Laura was telling me that she wants to keep a pet ball python one day.
So I looked it up and found horrible videos of pet pythons being fed live prey, such as rats and rabbits. :(
I've always thought that pets were supposed to help children nurture a love of nature and respect for all living things. HOW DOES FEEDING YOUR PET LIVE PREY DO THAT? All it does is encourage violence by saying that 'this is natural' and it's completely acceptable in our society. I know it's a bit of a leap because we're talking about animals here but don't the maniacal serial killers usually start off in homes that incubate such an air of cruelty?
I won't post videos of these 'live feedings' on my blog, because they're too obscene for me.
If Laura does get that pet python eventually, I don't think she'll feed it live prey because she's not that kind of person. I mean, she can't even bear to watch a horror movie!
But still, I don't think I'll be too keen on it anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment