Saturday, May 24, 2008

Reading one of Lynette's recent blog posts has prompted me to go through some old photos of my own.
























As I looked back at the past 2 years of my life, I couldn't help but wonder exactly how happy I was when I took these photos.



Yeah, sure I was smiling in the photos, but we all know that doesn't really mean anything right? How often have we all had to smile to hide all that unhappiness & pain inside us?



I was happier back then, I'm pretty sure of that, although I wasn't truly happy. Life was simpler, and the future was always a distant blur.




Call me crazy, but I think being happy is one of the hardest things to do. It's that basic human need that we tend to neglect as we grow up, and I really miss that.


I don't know what the future has in store for me, but I know now, that I want to be happy. No matter what life throws at me, I want to always see that silver lining, and simply smile.


Not that sort of smile that people give just so that they don't turn out completely horrible-looking in photos. I'm talking about the smile that you just can't keep off your face because there's that bubbling feeling inside of you, that's telling you that everything is going to be okay.


Because everything is going to be okay. :)

No comments: