Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm stuck in a place where I don't belong, and I really just can't wait to get back to Singapore.

One of my Aunts commented that I used to be such a talkative kid, and that it's funny how I've become so quiet. The real irony is that I'm still that talkative kid. It's just that I can't let that side of me show because I just don't feel comfortable.

It's not that I don't try. I just can't get past all those insecurities & mental barriers that I've put up over the years.

Family is really just not my thing, because I don't feel free to be myself around family. I just hate all the expectations & hypocrisy.

I can't wait for the day when I finally leave all these behind. On that note, this is most likely the very last time I attend one of these family gatherings ever again.

No comments: