I feel ridiculously foolish now.
It turns out that my parents still have no clue about my results.
They weren't angry at me. They were pissed at each other - simply one of their usual petty arguments taken a notch up, that's all. I can't believe I immediately assumed the worst because I mis-read the dirty looks being thrown around.
Somebody once told me to never ASSUME, because it makes an ASS out of U and ME. I don't think I've ever known the truth behind that statement better.
Anyway, I watched Rule #1 with my mum today, and I didn't really like it. I mean, it was certainly an interesting movie, but it was simply too far-fetched, not to mention gory, for my tastes. The Maid was a good movie because it appealed to Singaporeans. It was something we could identify with as a people, because it was so familiar to us. Rule #1 definitely failed in that aspect.
In case you haven't heard the news, I've been posted to SISPEC, which is a good thing because I can now re-take my 'A's. :)
So, yup, I think everything is finally starting to look up. Let's just hope that my luck doesn't run out anytime soon.
It turns out that my parents still have no clue about my results.
They weren't angry at me. They were pissed at each other - simply one of their usual petty arguments taken a notch up, that's all. I can't believe I immediately assumed the worst because I mis-read the dirty looks being thrown around.
Somebody once told me to never ASSUME, because it makes an ASS out of U and ME. I don't think I've ever known the truth behind that statement better.
Anyway, I watched Rule #1 with my mum today, and I didn't really like it. I mean, it was certainly an interesting movie, but it was simply too far-fetched, not to mention gory, for my tastes. The Maid was a good movie because it appealed to Singaporeans. It was something we could identify with as a people, because it was so familiar to us. Rule #1 definitely failed in that aspect.
In case you haven't heard the news, I've been posted to SISPEC, which is a good thing because I can now re-take my 'A's. :)
So, yup, I think everything is finally starting to look up. Let's just hope that my luck doesn't run out anytime soon.
1 comment:
haha, I'm not blaming them for wanting to know. I just don't want them to pry, especially since I've explicitly mentioned that I don't want to tell them & they actually agreed. Anyway, all's well because I was just being paranoid.
Post a Comment